Saturday 3 December 2011

Parties

Last weekend we had a busy one. Sat was my work Xmas party. This is important to me as it is one of the few times Matt gets a bit of a taste of what I do. The nature of my work as a Speech Pathologist means I don't get to celebrate publicly, as it is important that i respect the privacy and confidentiality of the families i work with. Sometimes i get a bit frustrated especially as Matt works in such a public field. Occasionally i feel like screaming i do cool stuff too! Pathways is different to other places I have worked. It is very much a colaborate effort between staff and client families, including families of staff.

Anyhoo Matt, Liam and Gareth were to attend to the BBQ but Matt was sick and couldn't go. Liam and I had fun, especially as I was doing face-painting for a long while :-)

Next it was straight to the airport and onto my parents for Dad's 60th. It was awesome to catchup with most of my extended family. And wow we have extended in the past 12 months. Matt's and Bree's family as well as some close friends of Joel and Anita were all there. It was a wonderful relaxed evening, I had a great time and i think Dad did too.

Unfortunately i was too busy having fun and again forgot to take some happy snaps but will try to locate some then add later.

The rest of the weekend we hung out with my family. Then it was back to Sydney and work for me this week. Matt has stayed up in Qld for the month thru until Xmas, to spend some quality time with his family and help his sister's family move into their new place (very exciting). Give him a call if you want to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment